Monday, April 8, 2013

National Poetry Writing Month Challene - Day 5 - A Cinquain


NAPO 2013 BUTTON
Another first for me. I have written prose and poetry all my life, but I don't remember ever writing a Cinquain.  That's what I love about these challenges: They keep me out of my comfort zone.
According to the definitions I've found, the American Cinquain has 5 lines with the following accent pattern:
Line one has 1-2 syllables, 1 accented
Second line has 4-5 syllables, 2 accented
Third line has up to 6 syllables, 3 accented
Fourth line has up to 8 syllables, 4 accented
Fifth line goes back to 1-2 syllables, 1 accented
Below is my Cincquain. To join the fun visit here: http://www.napowrimo.net/

SUNNY OCEAN AND PALM
INVITATION 
The sea
Beguiles me so:
Its hue, its scent, its song,
Its movements that caress my soul.
I go.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.