Thursday, April 18, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 18 -- Poem # 1


NAPO 2013 BUTTON
This is the 18th day of National Poetry Writing Month, and the prompt today is to write a poem that begins and ends with exactly the same word. If you want to join in the fun there's still plenty of time. Visit this site:
http://www.napowrimo.net/
I was inspired on this challenge to use free verse, which I rarely use. Moreover, I was inspired to write two separate poems for this particular prompt.  This is my first offering. The second will be in its own post.
Ear 2ENTENDRE
Silence.
Nothing stirs the air.
Nothing breathes.
No vibration oscillates.
No frequency receives or carries movement.
No sensation touches auditory nerves.
There is no deafness;
There simply is no hearing,
Because there is no sound.
There is only
Silence.
~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.