Friday, April 12, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 6 - Valediction to a Passing Love


NAPO 2013 BUTTON
Day 6 of the National Poetry Writing Month challenge involves a prompt to write a valediction -- to anyone or anything. I guess some people might think I should take this particular subject more seriously, but, for some reason, these challenges just seem to bring out the whimsy in me, so .....
casket over plot 2
Valediction to a Passing Love  
I have not loved you well,
Nor have I loved you long.
So it is with no strong regret
I sing this parting song.
Your passage through my life
Has barely touched my soul,
So mourning will not weigh me down.
In fact, I feel quite whole.
Adieu, my love, adieu.
I bid you fond goodbye.
But at your grave, for memory's sake,
A few tears I will cry.
~
It's not too late to join the fun. I actually posted this on Day 12. Just too busy to keep up with every day, but I'm really enjoying trying as many as possible.  Visit this link for instructions: http://www.napowrimo.net/

2 comments:

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.