Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Heavens Declare



Behold the morning brings the message:
Jesus paid the total price.
And again at close of evening,
It is written in the sky.

Day to day with joy resounding,
Grace and mercy new supplied,
In the face of sin abounding,
All it's power at once denied.

Where the heavy heart and weary,
Shadowed by the awful curse,
Suffers pain and tumult daily,
Having life with God now lost,

There the sunrise, at day's birthing,
Spreads the scarlet of His blood,
And that same bold crimson bloodstain
Rules the sky at set of sun.

God proclaims the glad reminder
At the start and end of day:
Man can live with God forever;
With Christ's blood the price is paid.

© 1997 by Sandra Conner
Photo by R. L. Drieslein

7 comments:

  1. Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I first read this, I have been singing that song in my mind almost continuously. It's so powerful. Thanks for taking the time to comment and remind me of it.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful poem with a life-changing message of eternal hope, and the lovely photo is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. It was your blog post that reminded me I had it and inspired me to get it on here.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. And thanks for taking the time to come over and comment.

      Delete

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.