Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Am A Raindrop
by Sandra Conner


I am a raindrop.
I'm looking for a place to plop.
I'm falling quickly and cannot stop.

I don't know where I'd like to be,
But I def'nitely don't want to land in the sea.

You see, if I were to land in the sea,
It would be so anti-climactic for me.

I would lose my personal identity;
Even I would no longer recognize me.

No, I must find someplace solid instead.
Perhaps on a daisy in a flower bed.

Or a plant so parched it's almost dead,
Or the page of a book that's being read.

I must decide as fast as I can.

I'm falling quickly toward some folks on the sand.

So many are out there just getting a tan.
Hello there, little bald-headed man.

His head sure was tempting, but then a breeze blew
And drove me off course; what am I to do?

Oh, I see it! I see it! My target's in view!
Get ready! Get ready! I'm landing on you!
Plop!

© 2011 Sandra Conner


4 comments:

  1. What a fun poem! Enjoyed it. Pam and Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra! So here you are on blogger. A brilliant idea to set up a separate site for your poems. I've just been able to read them all uninterrupted. I don't think 'I remember I am a raindrop', is it new? or is it just my great age? Anyway i've enjoyed them all. I have subscribed by email, I'm hoping that will mean I don't have to work out what the test word is :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gilly. Thanks for coming over. I think once a person's comment has been "approved" by the blog host, that person can automatically post comments without a hassle. I certainly hope so. Please let me know if that is not the case if you post again.

      This is just 5 of my poems so far, but I decided if I wanted to know how easy it was to change font and layout, the best experiment would be the poems -- even more than the prose. But I do think I'll post a whole lot of my poems on here.

      I'm also thinking I may move most of my stuff from the other blogs over here. My font is too small on those sites, unless I write the articles in a separate document and copy and paste them into my WP editor. I used to do that successfully, but lately it won't work, and my text is two or three different sizes in a lot of things -- unless I spend a couple hours fiddling with each post. WP tells me that my only recourse -- unless I want to upgrade every one of the blogs and pay for them -- is to learn and use HTML code. I have too much to do already, and I don't think that's a "solution" I'm interested in. So I may try this. I won't delete my WP stuff, but I may copy and paste a bunch of it over here on some new sites and start posting new things from Blogger sites. I'll see how things go a little at a time, but I think I can still stay in touch by following you like I do from WP.

      Thanks again. Let me know if you can't make connections with me easily. And feel free to contact me on the WP sites anyway. I will still be interacting with them too.

      Delete
    2. I went back and double-checked, Gilly, and I have everything set so that you should NOT have had to type in that word verification. I'm not sure why it asked for it. It's not supposed to on this site. Please let me know if you have more problems. Thanks you.

      Delete

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.