Friday, May 3, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge - Day 28 - Poems Based on a Color


NAPO 2013 BUTTON
Day 28, and our prompt is to write a poem based on a color.  I've actually done that, since I wrote two poems the day we were supposed to write one that began and ended with the same word. I wrote about the color green that day. However, I didn't think it was fair to use it again for this prompt, so I have written about a different color today. Here's my totally light-hearted look at 
Exif JPEGYELLOW
Yellow sun, yellow moon,
Yellow ribbon on yellow balloon;
Yellow crayons for coloring,
Yellow bird that chirps and sings.
Yellow duckies, yellow chicks,
Yellow grapefruit freshly picked;
Yellow squash ripe on the vine,
Yellow daffodils -- all mine.
Yellow hair, with cheeks so pink,
Yellow lemonade to drink;
Yellow butter drips and drops

From tender yellow corn-on-cob;
Yellow cheese - aroma strong,
Yellow beer to go along.
Yellow curtains, crisp and bright,
Yellow anti-bug porch light;
 
But yellow has its ugly side:
Yellow fever; could have died;
 
Yellow-bellied, yellow streak,
Yellow-livered, backbone weak.
And sometimes yellow can't be seen:
It hides in blue and turns to green.
~
You can still visit the site and find links to the bloggers who participated. http://www.napowrimo.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note. I'd really like to hear from you.